Intramural sports is a great way to keep active, make some friends, and have some fun while at UBCO. Several different sport and league options are available, ranging from recreational/just for fun to competitive options. Some leagues have options for individual registration, so even if you haven’t been able to round up a team of your own yet – no worries. See each sport and league listed below for details.
Important Dates: March 15 deadline to register for Scorch’s Spike & Smash Volleyball Fest
Intramural Schedules & scores
Access schedules, scores, and standings from active intramural teams.
VIEW LEAGUE SCHEDULES, SCORES & STANDINGS
Scorch’s Spike & Smash Volleyball Fest
A mixed volleyball tournament for all skill levels with teams expecting to play 3 games in round robin play and a minimum of 2 games in playoffs with an opportunity for individual players to compete in an optional skills competition. Team costumes/uniforms are encouraged!
- Game start times will be on Friday between 5:15-8:30pm and Saturday 8:30-4:15pm.
- Teams can have a maximum of 4 self identified men on the court at one time. Six players required to be on the court.
- All matches are best 2 out of 3 sets, 25-25-15. No cap in any game.
- Teams are guaranteed a 6 minute warm up (3 & 3) in pool play and a 10 minute warm up in playoffs (5&5). This includes hitting and serving.
- Top two overall finishing teams
- Best dressed team
- Teams will be responsible for providing one linesperson and one scorekeeper for each of their own games. This can be players on the bench, spectators, friends, etc.
- All teams advance to playoffs. All teams are guaranteed two matches in playoffs (unless there are forfeits). 1st and 2nd place teams in each pool will advance to Division 1 playoffs. 3rd and 4th place teams in each pool will advance to Division 2 playoffs.
Basketball - 45-50 min games
Dodgeball - 50 min games
Volleyball - 55 min games
Just for Fun
Futsal - 45-50 min games
Intramural Sport Dates
Term 2 Season 1 Dates:
League play: Jan 8 – Feb 17
Term 2 Season 2 Dates:
Lottery: Feb 6-10
Registration from lottery: Feb 13-17
Schedules posted: Feb 17
League Play: Feb 26-Apr 13
Lottery Registration Process
Lottery registration will open February 6 at 12:00am and close February 10 at 11:00pm. All those interested in participating in intramurals as a team or as an individual will be able to enter the lottery. Those registering teams in the lottery will require full team rosters. On February 13-17, randomly chosen teams and individuals will be contacted with further information about how to register and pay their $10 per person fee. Every chosen team, including team members, and individuals will be required to register by end of day February 17. Schedules will be available online on Friday, February 17th for play beginning the week of February 26 – April 13.
General Registration Notes:
- Limited team spots are available – not all teams who enter are guaranteed registration.
- Students are permitted to register in one league of any given sport, preferably in the competitive level that best suits their teammates skills.
- There are no gender guidelines in any intramural leagues. All leagues are gender inclusive and do not require a certain number of players from any particular gender identity.
- Competition Level (which best suits my teammates skillset):
- Competitive – Highest level of play. Players have modest to advanced experience. At least high school experience is recommended.
- Intermediate – Moderate level of play. Players have a moderate level of skill. Junior high school level playing experience is recommended.
- Just for Fun – Beginner level of play. This level of play is meant for fun and participation.