UBC Hangar Fitness Centre is open
We are excited to announce the re-opening of our Hangar Fitness Centre. Things will look a little different, but we are looking forward to welcoming members into our facility.
Before you arrive, complete the Member Education.
Purchase your membership online.
Reserve your workout time online.
Workouts are pre-booked. No drop-in appointments. Members are limited to one workout per day.
Watch our ‘Welcome Back’ video below to see how things look!
Hangar, Gymnasium & Group Fitness fees
All recreation memberships include access to the Hangar Fitness Centre, unlimited group fitness classes, and gymnasium drop-in.
|All Access Membership||Student||Staff/Faculty/Alumni||Community|
|10-use punch pass||$45||$63|
|Single term pass||$95||$125|
|Drop in not available at this time|
|Buy now:||Purchase||Purchase||not available at this time|
Locker service temporarily unavailable at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Towel service temporarily unavailable at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Winter Semester Hours
January – April, 2021
Monday to Thursday, 6:45am to 8:00pm
Friday to Sunday, 8:00am to 8:00pm
First Hangar workout at 6:45am | Last Hangar workout at 6:30pm
Terms & conditions
- To ensure respectful access for all users, UBC Recreation has a three strike policy for no shows and double bookings within a 24 hour period for all Hangar workouts. After three strikes, the registered user’s account will be frozen, and unable to book a time slot for a one-week period. Cancelling workouts can be done online through your account or by calling 250-807-8659.
- All memberships are non-transferable. Refunds are granted ten days from date of purchase and are subject to administrative fees. After ten days from date of purchase, no refunds or credits will be granted unless due to medical reasons with a medical note provided. Contact us for more information.
- Memberships can be purchased quickly and easily online using a credit card. Once you purchase a membership online, bring your UBCcard to UBC Recreation to have your membership validated.
- Gym members have priority over non-members for UBC Recreation programs, facilities, and equipment.
- Anyone under the age of 19 will require a guardian/parent’s signature on the drop-in form. Bring your signed drop-in form to the Gymnasium with your payment or have your legal guardian fax a copy to 250 807 8031.
- There is a convenience fee for all online transactions on ActiveNet, including membership purchases.
- Your UBCcard will be required for future visits to UBC Recreation after a membership is purchased.
- All users will need to abide by Recreation’s Facility Etiquette