The North, South, and Central courts are multi-sport surfaces with equipment available for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and badminton. The availability and schedule for these spaces changes every week.
The indoor walking/running track is an open space located on the second floor of the gymnasium, circling the gym floor below. It is open year-round. Only clean indoor shoes are permitted on the track.
This second floor area adjacent to the track is an open space for cardio workouts or studying space.
Location & layout
The UBC Okanagan Gymnasium is located on Athletics Court, northwest of the Creative & Critical Studies building. Parking is available in Lot M.
- 16,800 square feet (1560 sq. metres) of gym floor space (room for four courts of volleyball or two courts of basketball or 10 courts of badminton)
- Indirect lighting and 40 feet (12 metre) clear height to the ceiling
- 864 theatre-style bleacher seats
- Wheelchair accessible
- 35m x 33.96m – 1560 sq. meters
- 12 metre (40 feet) clear height to ceiling
Gymnasium floor layout
Rates for non-profit or amateur sport
One court: $65 per hour plus GST
Two courts: $85 per hour plus GST
Three courts: $105 per hour plus GST
Rates are subject to change and may increase for time booked within 10 days of use. Rates may be higher if booking times are outside the regular gym operating times.
- Four hour minimum block generally required.
- A $25 fee may be charged for each change or cancellation.
- Discounts may be available for bulk bookings.
- Above rate does not provide exclusive facility use. Other bookings, users, or noise may occur during non-exclusive times. Book space accordingly.
- Use of facility equipment may require additional costs.
- Additional costs will be required for bookings requiring use of bleachers, additional cleaning, or security.
- All groups must be pre-booked and provide payment/insurance prior to field use. Certificate of insurance terms can be viewed on the UBCO Liability Terms (PDF).