The beach volleyball courts, multi-sport ball hockey court, and campus trails were built with the purpose of open-use, no charge recreational opportunities on campus. These spaces are generally open for drop-in use, weather permitting. In the rare occasion that a booking is taking place in one of these spaces, a notice will generally be posted in advance or noted on the schedule, below.
Beach Volleyball Courts
- Two full-size courts
- Located northwest of the Hangar Fitness Centre, next to the Creative & Critical Studies building
- Bookings available, but also open for drop-in use when not pre-booked
Open when weather permits during daylight hours.
Note: UBC Recreation facility hours may be different. Outdoor washrooms are located on the exterior lower level of the UBC Recreation facility facing the soccer field.
The outdoor courts are privately booked (no drop-in use available) for the following dates/times:
No bookings currently scheduled
- Full sized multi-sport surfaces
- Equipped with four outdoor basketball hoops
- Located behind the Purcell building on far side of the Commons field
- Available for drop-in use when not pre-booked
- Open when weather permits.
The outdoor courts are privately booked (no drop-in use available) for the following dates and times:
- No bookings are currently scheduled