On-Campus Events & Programs
Join the fun – right here on campus.
Sign-up for a 5 week session of Kickboxing at the UBC Hangar Fitness Centre.
Registration is just $25.00 and covers instruction & equipment for 5 weekly classes on Monday nights from 6:30pm-7:30pm.
The price can’t be beat and is only available when purchased in advance through UBC Recreation. Limited spots available so sign up today!
R100 Workout Challenge
Welcome to Jan 2020! UBC Recreation in partnership with Fitness Experience is bringing you the R100 Workout Challenge! This challenge could not be any easier. You just need to show up! Members just need to sign-in for a workout, class or to use the gymnasium. No weight to lose, mileage to concur, or reps to count…Just show up and do your thing.
Challenge will run until April 30, 2020.
Workouts from Sept 2019-present will count toward your workout days.
- Sign-up on line to participate in the R100 Workout Challenge.
- One workout or activity will count toward a target goal of 100 workouts.
- A minimum 30-minute workout is suggested, but we are operating on an honor system.
- Members will be responsible to connect with Recreation Staff if they believe they are close to completing 100 workouts.
Run Club is back for the Winter! The UBCO Run Club is a 10 week mental health and physical activity program, specifically designed to help manage mental health through exercise.
This program is lead by students and will include 10 weeks of:
- running training (2x per week), including training logs and resources
- mental health lessons/resources
- fun prizes and givaways
Meet in the upper gymnasium foyer, outside the Hangar, every Monday & Wednesday, starting on January 6th, 2020.
All abilities welcome!