Nonis Field schedule
The field is currently CLOSED (subject to special weather conditions policy below) for UBCO drop-ins (daylight use only) and for UBCO Heat Teams as required. No new bookings will be accepted. Not all Field Goals will be available (spare sets locked off)
View the field conditions on the UBCO Nonis Field Cam.
Weekly field schedulES
Currently there are no bookings
Field special weather conditions use policy
For all weather event conditions:
- The coach/organizer is responsible for ascertaining that the field conditions are safe and appropriate for the level of intended use – field conditions may not always be suitable for fast/hard play.
- If you are not able to use the field due to weather, please make sure you advise email@example.com
- If you are using the Field when lights are required and end your use early, please advise the Gym Desk Staff (250-807-9200) so that they may manually shut the Field Lights off, if appropriate
- Please enter the Field from the unlocked Field gates. DO NOT CLIMB OVER THE FENCE.
WINTER & Snow removal
We will generally not attempt to remove snow from the field until mid/late February.
- Do not use the Field (or areas of field if other areas are good) whenever the lines are not visible due to snow or frost coverage. When snow is possible- Please move Field Goals to the back fence areas following use, in case snow occurs.
- Please stay off the field when there is snow on it as any disruption of the smooth snow surface may cause problems (uneven surface) for snow removal attempts
RAIN, HEAT & SMOKE CONDITIONS
- During times when thunder/lightning may occur it is ultimately the responsibility of the booking to safeguard their participants. The general rule of thumb is that play should stop and players should leave the field when the “Flash-to-Bang” (when you see lightning and then hear it) count is 30 secs. or less. Just because it’s not raining or you can’t see Lightning it doesn’t mean there’s no danger. Players should go inside a building or, if unable to do so, to cars (be inside and grounded with doors/windows closed). Do not stand near the light standards, poles, player areas, bleachers, etc… Outdoor activity should not resume until 30 mins. following the last thunder
- With summer temperatures increasing, please be aware of the possibility of Heat illness and watch for signs of it in yourself and other players. Stay hydrated, take breaks and be prepared to reduce your level of play or even abandon your use. If you do not use your time please advise the Facility Coordinator and we will provide a future credit for any time conditions are not within normal acceptable levels of use.
- Please be aware of the current Air Quality for the Valley to insure you/your group are able to comfortably use the Field. Please advise if you wish to cancel due to high ratings. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/epd/bcairquality/readings/central-okanagan-aqhi.xml
All groups must be pre-booked and permitted through the Recreation Facility Coordinator. Lights will not be turned on for drop-in users. The light schedule is on the field schedule.
For UBC Okanagan community group or external booking requests please contact the Recreation Facility Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual UBC Okanagan student and staff drop-in use
Casual drop-in: Use by a few UBC Okanagan students/staff is permitted when no other groups are using the field. Non-UBC Okanagan users are required to pay a drop-in fee at the gym desk and complete a drop-in waiver prior to using the field. Drop-in fees and waivers are also required for any non-UBC Okanagan student participants during UBC Okanagan club usage.
For more information on daily schedules, call the gym desk at: 250 807 9200
To request recreation facility space: Email your request details (type of use, group name/organizers name, contact information, and date and time) to:
Carol Boyd: email@example.com (field or outdoor spaces)
Crystal Westgate: firstname.lastname@example.org (Gym or Hangar studios)