Not into skiing or snowboarding? No problem! Check out awesome deals on skating, tubing, snowshoeing, and nordic skiing. Experience the Big White Village and see what all the fun is about on the mountain. Skiing and snowboarding services (rentals, lifts, and lessons) also available.
Registration coming soon.
- $10 tubing (starts at 2:00 p.m.)
- $12 skate rental (bring your own skates for FREE skating)
- $55 Interpretive Snowshoe Tour (includes rentals, trail pass, and guide)
- $40 snowshoe rental (must also purchase trail pass)
- $15 snowshoe/nordic trail pass (welcome to bring your own gear)
- $45 lift tickets
- $35 group lessons (ski or snowboard)
- $25 rentals (ski or snowboard)
- $105 beginners discovery package with half day lessons
- $135 beginners discovery package with full day lessons. Discover packages are perfect (and highly recommended) for those who have never skied or snowboarded before. They include rentals, beginner area lift ticket, and lessons.
If registering for the NO BUS option
You are responsible for your own transportation to Big White. You may pick up your pre-purchased passes at the Recreation Customer Service Desk on Friday, March 1 starting at 10 a.m. If you do not pick your passes up in advance, you must meet the UBC Recreation Representative in the Village Centre Mall (VCM) (outside the rental shop) between 9:00 and 9:20 a.m. If you are not present during this time to obtain your passes, you will not be able to use them that day and will not be refunded. The UBC Recreation Representative will be leaving the VCM at 9:30 a.m.
If registering for WITH BUS option
A private charter bus will leave the main campus transit exchange (between the Library and the EME building) at 7:45 a.m. sharp on Saturday, March 2. Arrive early as the bus will depart on time to ensure an on-time arrival at Big White. The same bus will leave Big White at 4:00 p.m. to return to UBC. Pending road conditions and traffic, the bus should arrive back on campus around 5:00 p.m. You are responsible for ensuring you arrive on time to catch the bus both at Big White and from campus in the morning. No refunds will be given for any services if you miss the bus.